Prepping Academy Consulting:
- Preliminary survival and retreat advice and solid, realistic prepping theology
- Existing survival retreat analysis and recommendations.
- A “Bug Out” plan of action - Designing a specific Bug Out Bag(BOB) for each member of your family, Pre-planned “escape” routes, Bug Out Vehicle selection, etc.
- Survival Real Estate property search and acquisition – The biggest mistake most preppers make is buying their land without expert guidance. There are literally dozens of prerequisites to consider when looking for an effective retreat location and it’s an extremely costly mistake.
- Custom designed survival retreat architectural plans and drawings – Very few architects understand or have experience developing cabin or house plans to meet the needs of a prepper.
- Stocking your retreat with the myriad of emergency supplies and tools you will need to make an off-grid lifestyle possible.
- Security advice – How to maximize the security of your Survival property and your cabin. How to prepare for and handle potential threats.
- Weapon selection and training – This is an emotional subject with many differing opinions. Just because your friend is a policeman or gun store employee, does not make him the best person to advise you on long-term survival weapons. “SHTF” weapons should be selected based on reliability and function not looks or cool-factor. I can also help train you and your family to use them safely and effectively.
- Long Term Food – Developing a plan to provide your family with the nutrients necessary to survive long term. Be wary of “one year” long-term food packages online as almost every supplier underestimates how many calories a day you will burn in a stressful environment. My philosophy is to incorporate a well rounded plan of canned goods, pre-packaged freeze-dried meals, core staples (rice, beans, salt, etc…), seeds for gardening, and small fast breeding animals (chickens, rabbits, etc..) to ensure your family doesn’t run out of food.
- SERE training – I can provide extensive on-site training in survival skills, escape and evasion, building fires, water procurement, shelter construction, compass navigation, night ops, etc…
Hourly Rate / Phone Consultation $200.00 First Hour, the initial call
- This is the rate that will only be applied for the first hour of your initial call... $35.00 Quarter Hour
- All follow up calls are billed at $35 per quarter hour...
On-site Survival Retreat Analysis $1000.00 Per 10hr Day
- Transportation and lodging additional...
Forrest Garvin is a former US Air Force NCO who served with the 317 MAC and JSOC SOLL II out of Pope Air Force Base. After leaving the military, Garvin worked in the technology field for the Strategic Technology Group for NationsBank/Bank of America and then went on to create several technology startups. Garvin is a survival instructor, NRA instructor, general license HAM operator, Krav Maga apprentice instructor, speaker, educator, radio/podcast host, and author. Garvin has been a prepper since Y2K. Garvin also owns the Carolina Survival & Preparedness Academy in Charlotte, NC. His survival academy offers courses in self-defense, homesteading, firearms, family preparedness, and survival skills. In addition, he consults with preppers and survival groups around the USA. Garvin was the founder of the Carolina Preppers Network, which now is PrepperNet. PrepperNet has over 17,500 members nationwide.